[vdr] too many different colors used in palette

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Mon Mar 27 11:04:07 CEST 2006

Is it normal to get the "too many different colors used in palette" errors in
the syslog when using vdr with xine?  I would assume that xine can render more
than just the limited full featured card's OSD.  I should mention that I am
using a full-featured card (Nexus) but in softmode and vdr-xine. I am also using
the Enigma skin.  It seems the images are rendered just fine on the television.
The messages "too man different colors ..." seem to be superfluous.

One thing that may be affecting this (and the reason some of you dont see this
message) is the version of libmagic++ you have installed.  I am using libmagick
version 6.2.4.5.

Best Regards.