[vdr] Broken links in recordings with long pathnames

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Mar 27 23:34:25 CEST 2006

Christian Wieninger wrote:
> ok, I can fix this. BTW: epgsearch programs timers via SVDRP. So IMHO
> this fix should also be done in VDRs SVDRP interface.

On SVDRP the episode title is a simple folder name, so thats not exactly
the same situation.

VDR doesn't enforce any recording name length, at least not yet. And
since the maximum length depends on the recording path(s), there's not
even a common limit. (And if TITLE or EPISODE is part of the name,
things get even more complicated)

Just cutting the path may confuse SVDRP scripts, so VDR probably has to
fail completely on setting such a timer.

Cheers,

Udo