[vdr] tunerlock with alternate primary device

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Fri Mar 31 15:02:51 CEST 2006

Udo Richter wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>> If I define PrimaryDVB = 2 in setup.conf and enable
>> WAIT_FOR_TUNER_LOCK, it
>> seems VDR checks for primary device = 1 first.  Should VDR not start
>> with the
>> primary device defined by the setup.conf first?
>>
>> vdr: [6153] ERROR: device 1 has no lock, can't attach receiver!
>
> Sure that this is the same numbering?
> The 'has no lock' error reports the CardIndex, while PrimaryDVB is a
> device index. I'm not sure, but I think that using -D may change the
> ordering for device index, but not CardIndex.

I have not used the -D option because I want to be able to switch primary DVB
devices on the fly. I just assumed that PrimaryDVB in setup.conf would determine
the default for both CardIndex and device index. I am using a Nexus card in
softmode with xine.  I can switch between hardware and software decoding from
VDR's DVB settings by selecting which primary device to use.  It it just during
startup that I get that error message when I have xine as the default DVB device
(PrimaryDVB = 2).

BR.