[vdr] streamdev client & server contention

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Tue Nov 7 02:39:28 CET 2006

I've been trying all the available modes in the streamdev-server to find the
one that suits my needs best.

I have 2 VDRs, a server and a client.  Ideally, I'd like them both to be
able to change channel - and when the transponders need to change, one will
just force the other to change as well.  This is sort of possible with
the"Client may suspend" set to "offer", but has some problems.

1. Server set to channel/transponder A
2. Client set to channel/transponder A
-fine

3. Client changes to channel/transponder B
-Client is switched
-Server is also switched, and channel displayed but when you hit "OK" VDR
thinks it's still on A!

4. Client changes to channel/transponder C
-Client is switched
-Server is also switched, and channel displayed but when you hit "OK" VDR
thinks it's still on A!

5. Server tries to change to channel/transponder B
-says 'channel not available'

>From here, the only way I can get the Server to change channel/transponders
is if I shut down VDR on the client, or go into plugins>streamdev-client and
set connect to "no", and restart VDR (on the client)

It'd be nice if there was a menu option on the client to disconnect the VTP
session??