[vdr] How to determine that VDR is ready to go ?

vdr at helmutauer.de vdr at helmutauer.de
Fri Nov 10 08:37:34 CET 2006

Hi,
I'd like to know when vdr is ready with its initializatin routines ( starting plugins etc ).
This is necessary to optimize the system boot up time, because starting other services should wait until vdr is ready. Till now I do a "sleep 15", but thats not really nice ;)
A possible workaround is to count the vdr pids and when this number does not grow for about 3 seconds I decide that startup is done. Also I can search the syslog for special messages, but thats all not very handy.
Any other ideas are welcome :)
Bye
Helmut