[vdr] xinelib error??? video_out: throwing away image

Ulf Elsner uelsner at gmx.de
Sat Nov 11 18:15:32 CET 2006

Am Samstag, 11. November 2006 17:43 schrieb Simon Baxter:
> Hi.

Hello,

> I'm having intermittant problems when replaying vdr recordings with
> xineliboutput.  Every few minutes I get an audio/video slip/break and
> stdout reports:
>
> video_out: throwing away image with pts 124350653 because it's too old
> (diff
>
> : 29229)
>
> Is this a xinelib message?  I'm running a xine-lib taken from cvs on the
> 4th of June 2006

Yes, it is.
This normally indicates that your system ist too slow for replaying videos.
It can be a misconfiguring of the used software, or too many task running
simultaneously or thelike.
I'm using vdr-xine for displaying and don't know about xineliboutput, so maybe
someone else can give you hints how to optimize it.

Maybe it helps: I noticed a higher cpu-usage when replaying with vdr via
vdr-xine as if replaying the files with xine directly. This was improved with
newer versions of vdr-xine - now I use a faster CPU, so it doesn't matter
anymore.

I hope my answer helps you.

bye,

Ulf