[vdr] xinelib error??? video_out: throwing away image

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sun Nov 12 03:28:17 CET 2006

> Incidentally, the messages don't bother me.  It's the video/audio slippage
> every 2-3 minutes that annoyes the wife :)

Something weird's happening.  When I run vdr-xine, I get no slippage.  When
I run xineliboutput I get:

video_out: throwing away image with pts 4299359 because it's too old (diff :
10145).
video_out: throwing away image with pts 4302362 because it's too old (diff :
7142).
video_out: throwing away image with pts 4305365 because it's too old (diff :
4139).
bad_frame
bad_frame
bad_frame
bad_frame
bad_frame
bad_frame
200 frames delivered, 6 frames skipped, 3 frames discarded
bad_frame
200 frames delivered, 1 frames skipped, 0 frames discarded
bad_frame
200 frames delivered, 1 frames skipped, 0 frames discarded

...around the time I get the slippage.

I'm starting vdr-xine with "xine --fullscreen --hide-gui -V xxmc -A
alsa -D --post vdr_video --post vdr_audio
vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes"

I'm starting xineliboutput with
"./vdr -P'xineliboutput --primary --local=sxfe --video=xxmc --remote=none'

The only difference is "-D" interlace.  Is there a way I can set this in
xineliboutput ??