[vdr] vdr exit codes?

JikJikMan jikjikman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 08:15:52 CET 2006

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> JikJikMan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Does VDR had exit codes? I mean, how could I find what is the cause of
>> VDR exit?
>> For example, I want to know is the VDR exit for storage failure, driver
>> failure, timers.conf failure or any thing else.
>> It is because I wrote a script for restarting my system when vdr exits,
>> but I want to prevent this for errors that are persistent, like hard
>> disk failure, or timers.conf file failure.
> Those are explained in the vdr(1) man-page.
Hi All,

I took a look at vdr man page, but there is only 3 exit codes. and they
don't specify what are the exact problems.
I think it's a very good idea, to expand this codes, for example if the
storage is not accessible, the return code be 5, if there is a error in
timers.conf the code would be 6, and so on.