[vdr] Hint needed: 3 budget cards and Astra / Hotbird

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Mon Nov 27 07:22:10 CET 2006

I recently added a third budget card to my VDR which contained 2 budgets
pointing at Astra so far (using softdevice for decoding):

00:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
00:0f.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

00:0a.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
00:0f.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)

/var/log/messages says
DVB: registering new adapter (Fujitsu Siemens Activy Budget-S PCI (rev GR/grundig frontend)).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).

During my first runs I had connected the third LNB to one of the budgets
by just moving one sat cable to the new LNB. I could watch all channels
from Astra and Hotbird O.K. The SkyStar2 was not connected so far.

Now adding the SkyStar2 card:

00:0b.0 Class 0280: 13d0:2103 (rev 01)
00:0b.0 Network controller: Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII DVB chip / Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card (rev 01)

DVB: registering new adapter (FlexCop Digital TV device).

This card is connected to a LNB pointing at Hotbird. dvbscan shows all the
channels on the respecive cards just fine. I generated the channels.conf
listing using dvbscan.

But from then on, I could either see the Astra channels or the Hotbird
channels within VDR, never both sets at the same time.  It appears as
if only card #0 is active (the Activy card), no matter which LNB is
connected to which budget card.

What am I missing? As far as I know there is no way (and no point)
in telling VDR to use cards #0 and #1 for Astra and #2 for Hotbird. Is
that a known problem between (certain versions of) budget/-ci and b2c2
cards / drivers?

dvb-1.1.0_CVS20051019-17 (OpenSUSE 10.1) in kernel
softdevice-0.3.1 w/ ffmpeg-0.4.9 / DirectFB- / DFB++-0.9.25 / linux-fusion-3.2

Any hint is appreciated!

Every nonzero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal basis.

It makes sense, when you don't think about it.