[vdr] Problem to get vdr-to-vdr streaming working...

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Mon Nov 27 12:37:49 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:21:35 +0200, Juha Pahkala wrote
> Thanks for your answer and sorry mine took a while.

No problem - no tech support on weekends anyway ;-)

> I compiled both the client and the server with DEBUG enabled, and
> the logs are attached to this mail. For server, I have one with a
> successful http connection and one with a failed vdr connection. Can
> you make anything out of these?

Looks like the VTP data connection is not coming through to your client.
vdr2vdr works similar to active FTP. There's one control connection from the
client to the server. For the actual video data a second connection is
established where the server is the initiator. Most likely the firewall policy
on your client silently discards all inbound connections.

Cheers,
Frank