[vdr] Freecom DVB-T stick - can't open filter handle on demux0

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 23:36:59 CET 2006

Just a bit of a nudge - I thought I'd try this again with a newer kernel and
VDR (2.6.17 in Ubuntu edgy and VDR 1.4.4) in case something small and subtle
had been fixed.

Alas no, the original problem still stands as-is:

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-July/010115.html

I've made an even more rudimentary setup of vanilla VDR + skincurses plugin.
No FF card, no output devices.. just a curses console and I still regularly
get

Nov 27 22:26:26 plip vdr: [10131] ERROR: can't open filter handle
on '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'

on channel changes - `lsof -n | grep demux` still shows only 8 or 9 file
descriptors open :(

A shame, I'd love to have VDR working with this device - does anyone have any
advice, since it works just great in Kaffeine!

Cheers,
Gavin.