[vdr] Problem to get vdr-to-vdr streaming working...

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Tue Nov 28 08:37:59 CET 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:51:47 +0200, Juha Pahkala wrote
> You might be right, although I don't know how to properly test it.
> All I could think of was to try a ssh connection from the server to the
> client, but that connection attempt hangs forever... strange. I do know
> it's not a firewall issue, since:

To be absolutely sure that it's not iptables you might want to check the nat
and mangle tables, too:
iptables -t nat -L
iptables -t mangle -L

Although it's very unlikely that the server is filtering outbound connections,
you should also take a look at the server's iptables configuration. But AFAIK
the connect call on the server would rather return with an "operation not
permitted" instead of hanging forever.

> And I know that sshd is running from this:
>
> bash:~# netstat -putan
> tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*
> LISTEN     7778/sshd

I guess this is just an excerpt from the output? Otherwise your sshd is
listening on ipv6 socket only. When you issue this command after opening the
streamdev-client you should see a listening socket on a tcp port above 1024 on
the client. On the server you should find a connection attempt most likely in
state SYN_SENT.

A sniffer might be helpfull to track this one down. At least it could tell you
if the SYN packet is actually leaving the server.

Good luck,
Frank