[vdr] FF card A/V sync - in progress?

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Thu Nov 30 12:18:35 CET 2006

VDR User wrote:
> Logic still says that if mplayer can play vdr recordings just fine
> without losing sync, but vdr can't, the problem is with vdr, not the
> firmware.

That's only correct if you ignore specifications.
Maybe VDR is behaving according to the specified interface
and the firmware fails.
Maybe mplayer is working around firmware bugs by behaving
differently - which may or may not be according to the
specified interface.

What we can agree upon is the fact that the problem *can* be
solved within the application program.
IMHO, the fact that mplayer works where VDR does not
proves just that, but not more.

However, if VDR behaves 100% according to specification,
the problem *should* be solved in the driver and/or
firmware, because that would fix all programs that also
behave 100% according to specification and fail.

If fixing it where it should be fixed turns out to be
too difficult, it might still be a good idea to fix it
in VDR.

Carsten.