[vdr] Problem to get vdr-to-vdr streaming working...

Juha Pahkala jpahka at welho.com
Thu Nov 30 13:04:01 CET 2006

Frank Schmirler wrote:
> Although it's very unlikely that the server is filtering outbound connections,
> you should also take a look at the server's iptables configuration. But AFAIK
> the connect call on the server would rather return with an "operation not
> permitted" instead of hanging forever.

Hi Frank,

Once again, you are spot-on correct. After some struggling I found out
that it indeed was the server that was filtering outbound connections to
my lan.... I hadn't noticed it before...

So thanks to you, I now have vdr-to-vdr streaming working! And it works
quite well. I've got a couple of things to sort out still, though, but
I'll start a new thread on those.

Thanks alot, juhis