[vdr] Returning due to modification...

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Oct 1 16:57:37 CEST 2006

Johannes Schoeller wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Lauri Tischler wrote:

>>> Ummm.. terminology.
>>> Is changing pid considered 'retuning' ?
>>> Traditionally 'retuning' means actual change of frequency.
>>> Just asking.
>> Well, if anything regarding the channel setup changes,
>> VDR switches to that channel again. If the frequency
>> didn't change, it actually just sets the pids to the
>> new values (or whatever else has changed).
>
> hmmm. so i know that behaviour is wanted. but nethertheless i find i a
> bit disturbing. could you make that feature switchable? so in case only
> pids are updated there will be no retuning. those black screens (as
> short as they may be) don't look nice.
>
> but if that feature provides more stableness that of course this goes
> first. ;)

Well, it's the simplest way to make sure everything gets adjusted
to the changed channel data, no matter what it is. Due to, for
instance, a change in the CA parameter of a channel it might not
even be available any more because it changed from FTA to encrypted.

I wouldn't want to change that...

Klaus