[vdr] empty spaces in channels list

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Wed Oct 4 17:26:18 CEST 2006

Boguslaw Juza wrote:
>     Hi!
>
>   I have got big request for Author - It would be nice to make "spaces" in
> channels list. I want to set "info channels" from 1 to 8, "movie channels"
> form 10 to 15, sport from 20 etc... So I need to make empty spaces
> witch ch. numbers 9, 16-19... etc. Switching channels Up/Down  should
> skip spaces.

man 5 vdr:

SYNTAX
    CHANNELS
        The file  channels.conf  contains  the  channel  configuration.   Each  line
        defines either a group delimiter or a channel.

        A group delimiter is a line starting with a ':' as the very first character,
        followed by arbitrary text. Example:

        :First group

        Group delimiters may also be used to specify the number of the next channel.
        To  do this, the character '@' and a number must immediately follow the ':',
        as in

        :@201 First group

        The given number must be larger than the  number  of  any  previous  channel
        (otherwise it is silently ignored).

        A  group  delimiter  can also be used to just set the next channel's number,
        without an explicit delimiter text, as in

        :@201

        Such a delimiter will not appear in the Channels menu.

Klaus