[vdr] ProjectX - won't start

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Oct 4 21:14:09 CEST 2006

Hi group.  I can't get vdrsync.pl to work on some of my vdr records because
of some audio cutting problem, or something.  So I'm trying to get ProjectX
to start.  But I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Graphics2D not implemented.
Cairo was not found or disabled at configure time
   at
gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkGraphics2D.<clinit>(lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.so.7)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7)
   at
gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GdkGraphicsEnvironment.createGraphics(lib-gnu-java-awt-peer-gtk.so.7)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createGraphics(libgcj.so.7)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.subtitle.Subpicture.<init>(Unknown
Source)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.common.Common.init(Unknown Source)
   at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.common.Start.main(Unknown Source)

I've yum-installed java-cairo, cairomm and cairomm-devel, but still get this
error.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?