[vdr] Cheapest FF card?

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:09:37 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:58:35AM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Girish Venkatachalam ha escrit:
>
> >       I am looking for a somewhat affordable(whatever that means :-)
> >       full featured DVB TV card since that is the only thing supported by vdr apparently.
> >
> > 	I hear they are above the 150$ range, it is very expensive for me.
>

> There are many other options: softdevice, xine, xineliboutput, dxr3.
> None of them is perfect, but then it seems neither is a FF card.

Hi,

	I  think you did not get my question. I am not looking for software. I am looking for a hardware brand and chipset that I can order.

	I want to make sure that I buy a card that is well supported before I buy.

	Do you by any chance mean to say that I can buy a budget card and still run vdr? That is also okay by me. Which card do you recommend?

	Also I wish to view pay channels with it.

	Please also mention the price and from where I can get it.

	Thanks.

regards,
Girish