[vdr] Re: Cheapest FF card?

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:22:14 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:06:07PM +0300, Suur Karu wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
> >>	Also I wish to view pay channels with it.
> >
> >That's not (officially) possible with a budget card.
> Why not? Techotrend have CI interface for own budget card.

My idea is to interface it externally. I have bought a CF card reader. PMI but what has CF got to do with CI?

Thanks. Am I barking up the wrong tree by any chance?

My idea is to interface things using the PCI and USB bus. I plug in a USB CF card reader, decrypt the data from CAM and talk to the budget card using the PCI bus.

Does it make sense or nonsense?

Please trash me if I am talking bullshit. ;-)