[vdr] xineliboutput: other rtp clients ?

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Sep 3 03:29:26 CEST 2006

syrius.ml at no-log.org wrote:
> I'm the happy user of xineliboutput 1.0.0pre3.
> I'd like to know if it's possible for other rtp clients to play
> the multicast stream. (while xine+xineliboutput is playing it)
> In fact i'd like to be able to use vlc to transcode/re-stream it.

I've tried, and was successful with udp://@224.0.1.9:37890

This is a multicast transmission, so the IP network will take care of
connecting the client to the server. No need to specify any local IP
address.

You may need to initialize the connection with one of the remote clients
first. Also, see option Remote Clients-> Transmit always on - which
seems to be buggy though.

Cheers,

Udo