[vdr] *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption 1.4.2-1 Patch

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Mon Sep 4 17:41:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:09:12 +0200
"martin" <martin at air-maxx.net> wrote:

> I've problems when implementing the latest 1.4.2.-1 Patch. Here's the
> problem: I used VDR-Admin to change a timer setting. Every time I try to
> save the changed timer, VDR crashes, please see attached strace.

There had been a "free(aux);" added in that patch in timers.c in the
assignment operator ("=") function. Probably it didn't took an earlier
(conditional?) free() into account and such rans into a glibc-assertion.

Changing the "free(aux);" to "if(aux) free(aux);" would probably care for
that (resembling the earlier behaviour).

-hwh