[vdr] Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Tue Sep 12 17:37:31 CEST 2006

Most of my VDR movies are between 2 and 3 GB in size.
I assume that there would be no noticeable loss of
quality, if I would convert them to DivX movies of
about half the size, maybe also removing any unwanted
sound tracks.

This could even be done automatically by a background

However, that would be inconvenient, because now I would
have to check both the Recordings menu and the Mplayer
plugin to look for a recording.

So, I wonder if it would be easy to make that transparent,
so there is only one user interface that takes me to all