AW: [vdr] Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

Guido Fiala gfiala at s.netic.de
Tue Sep 12 22:35:06 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 20:22, Carsten Koch wrote:
> Guido Fiala wrote:
>
> > Sounds like the core computer of the USS-Enterprise -
> > How many Terra-Quads are this? ;-)
>
> Actually, according to
> http://www.kasper-online.de/en/docs/startrek/ncc1701d.htm
> the Enterprise D has a mere 630.000 Kiloquads.
<OT>
In the book "The computers of Star Trek" one quad is assumed to relate to "one
quadrillion bytes" - that is 1e18 bytes or 1 Million Terrabytes...

I wonder why their PADDS (used for nothing more than a sophisticated
ebook-reader) will need 4 Million Terrabytes of Storage when they can access
the core anyway at any time...not even Data can read data that fast ;-)
</OT>