AW: [vdr] Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

Norbert Goebel egalus at
Wed Sep 13 18:21:05 CEST 2006

Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> Not excatly.
> I would call it "semy-online"-storage.
> Normaly the HDDs are switched off.
> But as they are connected to USB-Power-Switches they can be switched
> on/off automatically by the computer.(*)

I just got interested when I read USB-Power-Switches and the possibility
to switch on/off the hdds automatically by the computer.
As a quick google search only showed rubbish on the first 3 pages
searching for usb power switches it would be nice if you could post some
links to such products.