[vdr] VDR with Matrox G550 - console on analog head - VDR on DVI - how?

Anthony Hornby ahornby at darlug.org
Fri Sep 15 17:32:14 CEST 2006

Hi All,
I am running VDR on a debian system using backports.org for newer kernels.
I have a Matrox G550 graphics card with one analog DSUB 15 output and one
digital DVI output.

I have VDR working nicely connected by the DVI output via a DVI-HDMI cable
to my toshiba 62cm9ua rear projection TV. I am using directfb and
softdevice.

What I want however is the console to be on the analog output only and VDR
to be on the DVI exclusively. At th moment if VDR exits then I get the
console output on the analog output.

Hope someone can help.

Also if anyone has a directfb fb.modes entry for 1080i at 60Hz I'd love a
look at that as well :-)

Thanks a lot.

Regards Anthony.