[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-femon-1.1.0 & vdr-skinsoppalusikka-1.0.2

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Sep 18 19:53:09 CEST 2006

Dominique Simon wrote:
>> - Added --remove-destination to the 'cp' command in Makefile.
> LinVDR's Busybox can't handle that option. What is it good for?

This matches equal changes in recent VDR Makefiles. From VDR-1.4.1-5:
> - Added --remove-destination to the 'cp' command for binaries in the Makefile to
>   avoid a crash in case a new version is installed on a running system (suggested
>   by Petri Hintukainen).

 From 1.4.2-3:
> - Added --remove-destination to the 'cp' command for binaries in the Makefiles of
>   the plugins (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).

I guess, by deleting instead of overwriting, Linux can keep the old
running binary on disk until the program terminates. (Files can exist in
Unix temporarily without any file name.) As soon as the last program
terminates, the disk space is freed.

Cheers,

Udo