[vdr] recording sequenced movies

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Sep 21 17:39:01 CEST 2006

IT wrote:
> I have 2 cards in my vdr system. When I want to record sequenced movies
> from one channel, 2 different records are started and both cards are
> blocked.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with sequenced movies, but I guess
its about two overlapping timers on one channel.
In case of overlapping timers on the same channel (or transponder), VDR
normally uses the same card for both. There are however some remaining
issues with transfer mode (live viewing of this channel on a non-FF
device), see this thread:

   http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-July/010008.html

The first fix on this issue was checked in on 1.4.1-2, but was dropped
in 1.4.2 because of side effects.

Cheers,

Udo