[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.4.0
stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Wed Apr 11 11:19:51 CEST 2007
the softdevice team (Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache and me, Stefan Lucke)
is pleased to announce a new release of vdr's softdevice plugin.
Softdevice plugin enables vdr to run on your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
Support of vdr versions earlier than vdr-1.3.7 has been removed.
Supported vdr versions: 1.3.x, 1.4.x and 1.5.x
Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
Changelog since last release:
- xv-out: activate suspend/resume key (r/R) via configure (by Artur Skawina).
- i18n: some german translations.
- osd: moved aspect detection entry to "Cropping" sub menu.
- add automatic border detection, based on a patch by Roland Praml.
- altivec needs 16 byte alignment
- compile fix for Darwin
- make flag for shared linking a variable
- add BGRA32 mode to SoftOsd
- compile linux RTC syncing mode support only on Linux.
- detect cpu endianness and define CPU_BIGENDIAN if necessary.
- add video-quartz and audio-macos for Mac Os X support
- fix types in GetTime().
- pts values are stored in uint64_t
- almost complete rewrite of video-fb. Supported are now 15,16,24 and 32 bit
depth framebuffers. The osd is rendered with software alpha blending,
and it is even faster :-)
- compile fix for recent ffmpeg SVN
- include ffmpeg headers as 'extern "C"'
- enable and use as default the software mixer. The old behaviour (use the
system's mixer) can be selected via -vo oss:mixer.
- increase the stepsize of the software mixer.
- don't scale audio if the volume is at maximum.
- set edge_width/_height always to zero. Fixes picture shiftes with
the ShmClient. This is not the optimal(/final) solution...
- video-dfb: Make use of SetSourceRectangle() runtime selectable,
changed *SetSourceLocation* to SetSourceRectangle.
- softlog: sanitycheck for zero length filenames and fix use filename member
when changeing append mode.
- video-dfb: shifted most prints via softlog.
- video sync: preparation for new changeable sync parameters.
- Makefile: add --remove-destination , so that "make plugins" does not
disturb a running vdr.
- softlog: added indicator for priority I(nfo), E(rror), D(ebug), T(race).
- video-vidix: shifted prints via softlog.
- fix gettid compile error on some systems.
- Some more options selectable via log menu.
- Pause the playback of recordings when suspended (by Marko Mäkelä)
- add configurable logging
- report Xrun audio duration
- don't lock NULL pictures in cVideo::GetLockLastPic().
- implement avcodec_decode_audio2() interface to libavcodec.
- set ic->bp.is_streamed to true, to avoid calls to unimlemented seek method.
- add architecture "x86_64" to configure and report unsupported
- add StealToBitmap() for OSD in grabbed image.
- add OSD with alpha blending to grabbed images.
- video-dfb: - Limit VIA-unichrome name compare to 19 chars.
- Detect a patched DirectFB version for VIA CN700 support,
and set some parameters for video layer V3:
pixelformat YUY2, NO hardware decoding support .
- Fixed video-dfb for VIA-unichrome with current DirectFB cvs. In directfbrc
pixelformat=AiRGB must be specified.
- introduce yuv420_to_rgb15() (mmx acceleration still missing).
- properly start cShmRemote thread in ShmClient.
- avoid "BadWindow" errors by using an errror handler. Also fix
"BadWindow" errors which occur after the xscreensaver has once been
- fix vidWin for non zero VidX1 and VidY1.
- Silence some warnings with gcc 4.1.1.
- Adjust MMX and C version of fast_memcpy() to the same return type.
- Fix wrong colors in yuv420_to_yuy2() when all MMX is disabled.
- don't undefine X cursur on keypresses, to prevent the fake shift key
press from producing flickering of the mouse cursor.
- fix possible segfault.
- fix possible division by zero.
- comment out fake key sending syslog message
- add cOSSAudioOut::GetDelay() (supplied by Lubos Novak).
- applied patch from Matthias Schwarzott for vdr uint64 change.
- unify yuv420_to_rgbXX() and yv12_to_yuy2_line() functions to allow
usage in CopyScalePicBuf()
- change CopyPicBuf_YUV420P_to_YUY() to a general YUV420P to planar
- introduce the possibility to scale the video window (for yaepg).
- detection of and support for the yaepg-patch.
- add open sound system support (contributed by Lubos Novak).
GetDelay() is commented out, this means the A/V synchronization
- add open sound system detection to configure
- use brackets in WRITE_RGB16 macro, introduce WRITE_RGB15 (untested)
- introduce FillPicBuffer()
- make it possible to use a color key other than 0x000000 for video-xv,
video-shm and ShmClient
- change the default color key of xv-out to 0x001a0f00LL
- add support for X11 drivers without xv support
- remove cShmVideo::Process() method, and instead signal PICT_SIG
from cShmRemote to simulate a timeout.
- fix ShmClient not forwarding to key presses to vdr on AMD64
(patch by peterw2k at vdr-portal)
- send fake key events to disable any screen saver (patch by
peterw2k at vdr-portal)
- fix wrong colors when using GRAB with the cle266 hardware decoder
(patch by Laz)
- better colorkey support in SoftOsd.c, with interface to video.c
- fix a bug which causes bad resolution on upscaling
- fix a bug which causes segfaults when upscaling to huge images
- reintroduce the chessboard pattern for pseudo alpha blending
- use WRITE_RGB macros from utils.h
- !! removed support for vdr versions older than vdr-1.3.7 !!
- change PIX_FMT_RGB32 to PIX_FMT_RGBA32 to support older ffmpeg versions
- add yuv to rgb conversion routines for rgb32, rgb24, bgr24 and rgb16
- audio-alsa: restore samplerate after a unsuccessfull change request
- add scaling methods with yuv to rgb conversion
- add packed pixel format support to ClearPicBuffer()
- move AllocatePicBuffer(), DeallocatePicBuffer(), GetFormatBPP and
GetChromaSubSample() out of cPicBufferManager
- add packed pixel format to PicBuffer
- add GetLockLastPic() to video.h
- add GrabImage() support. Currently there is no OSD in the grabbed
- some more debugging info in softdevice.c
- add explanations to error messages in ShmClient.c
- use SEM_UNDO on PICT_MUT semaphore
More information about the vdr