[vdr] Xineliboutput: can achieve similar to softdevice's mgatv option?

Alasdair Campbell ragawu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:53:54 CEST 2007

On 19/04/07, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 19 Apr 2007, at 09:41, Alasdair Campbell wrote:
>

> > In the original post I was just wondering if xineliboutput has been
> > written with the matrox specific instructions that softdevice's "-vo
> > dfb:mgatv" uses. As I don't understand the difference between "-vo
> > dfb:" & "-vo dfb:mgatv" I can't really say what difference this would
> > make.
>
> I belive this is entirely dependent on what xine instance you're
> using with xinelib. Are you using df_xine? I think it should handle
> field parity correctly.

I'm firing up df_xine now to see if there's any similarity.
OK, playing a copy of some interlaced video with scrolling text (BBC News 24).

Using df_xine -a 5:4 -l 0 -s -f top 001.vdr
I get perfect output! This is what Markus and I are seeing for a few
seconds before the field sync gets screwed

With df_xine -a 5:4 -l 0 -s -f bottom 001.vdr
The output is constantly like the stuttering video we're seeing most
of the time.

So somehow xineliboutput is losing field sync, should be a simple fix
then... :-)

Needless to say I have no audio, buts it just a configuration problem at my end.

--
A l a s d a i r   C a m p b e l l

r a g a w u @ g m a i l . c o m