[vdr] Xineliboutput: can achieve similar to softdevice's mgatv option?

Markus Schuster ma.schuster at gmx.de
Fri Apr 20 03:05:26 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2007 10:41:01 schrieb Alasdair Campbell:
> If you make any progress please let me know!

I'll do! But I hope we both get a pointer in the correct direction here!

> What sort of hardware do you have?

Here it's an "old" P4 with 2.0 GHz. It's at 40-50% with softdevice, so maybe
your hardware is a bit too slow for softdevice?

> In the original post I was just wondering if xineliboutput has been
> written with the matrox specific instructions that softdevice's "-vo
> dfb:mgatv" uses. As I don't understand the difference between "-vo
> dfb:" & "-vo dfb:mgatv" I can't really say what difference this would
> make.

If you have the softdevice source code laying arround, you can have a look in
that, especially 'video-dfb.c'. Search for 'setupStore->useMGAtv'. There are
some if-constructs in there using this variable where some DirectFB settings
(and maybe some other settings, haven't looked this closely) are set.

Greetings, Markus