[vdr] Freezes with Reiserfs

Sven Schwyn echo54 at delirium.ch
Sun Apr 22 21:29:38 CEST 2007

Hi

I'm having strange issues with my VDR box lately. However, I'm not
sure at all it has anything to do with VDR as other services are
running on it, too.

The Gentoo box freezed four times in the past month, twice of which
the very minute a VDR timer stopped. (Maybe even all four times, but
I haven't checked that relation the first two times it happened.) The
log doesn't help a bit, the machine simply ceases to do anyting. I've
checked RAM and other parts of the system with no indication at all.

However, I've seen that some people had issues a few years ago with
ReiserFS (which I'm using, too). Now, I'm wondering if anybody using
ReiserFS had system freezes as well.

media-plugins/vdr-dvd-0.3.7_pre20070117
media-plugins/vdr-femon-1.1.0
media-plugins/vdr-mplayer-0.9.15
media-plugins/vdr-muggle-0.1.11-r1
media-plugins/vdr-nordlichtsepg-0.8a
media-plugins/vdr-osdteletext-0.5.1
media-plugins/vdr-radio-0.2.0
media-plugins/vdr-setup-0.3.1
media-plugins/vdr-softdevice-0.3.1.20070313
media-plugins/vdr-streamdev-server-0.3.3_pre20061206
media-plugins/vdr-yaepg-0.0.2.1
media-tv/gentoo-vdr-scripts-0.3.8
media-tv/vdrplugin-rebuild-0.2
media-video/vdr-1.4.5