[vdr] multi-box VDR & epgsearch conflict resolution

Reiner Buehl reiner at buehl.net
Thu Apr 26 14:19:49 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,

I have a similar setup, vdr backend with 2 DVB-S cards and a diskless
frontend with another DVB-S card. I have logged an enhancement request
for vdradmin a while ago to add functionality to control multiple VDRs
wich one vdradmin but Andreas said that he is not planing to implement
this since he doesn't belive it is useful for the majority of users.
You can find more here: http://www.vdr-developer.org/mantisbt/view.php?id=190

Unfortunatly vdradmin is quite complex so I did not make any
progress to implement this myself. The only thing I curently have is
a way to switch between my two vdradmin instances from the sidebar
under the vdradmin logo but this was more a test to verify that I can
access the configuration value that holds the "partner vdr"...

Best regards,
Reiner.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Simon Baxter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a couple of boxes running VDR on a network.  I've ended up in this
> situation because of a lack of PCI slots for capture cards, and a
> PVR-500/Via chipset incompatability.
>
> I can use the remote menu plugin to set timers in the 2nd box from the 1st
> one, which is great.
>
> I run vdradmin, and epgsearch to create auto-timers based on epg, which is
> also great!
>
> What I would like to do is automatically resolve timer conflicts, and push
> the timer event to the 2nd box.
>
> Any thoughts??

MfG Reiner.

Reiner Buehl                         Internet:
Karlstrasse 3                        reiner at buehl.net
70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Germany