[vdr] [BUG] check terminal access

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Sun Apr 29 23:13:59 CEST 2007

On 29 Apr 2007 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> On 04/07/07 15:05, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I think there is a bug in the RW access check for a terminal
>> given with commandline option -t.
>> The check is performed before VDR actualy switches his uid, so if
>> the user which starts VDR has access rights and the effective
>> vdr user doesn't have, the check is useless.
>> In addition VDR should check the return value of freopen() when
>> claiming the terminal later on.
>> The current code segfaults on the first terminal access (e.g.
>> printf), if the effective vdr user doesn't have sufficient
>> rights.
> Can you please provide a tested patch against version 1.4.6 for this?

Sorry, I didn't care to patch the issue until now. Once you know
the effect it can easily be avoided.

I think the best is to move all the access checks (terminal,
configdir) out of the options loop and place them after the uid
switch. Checking the freopen() is trivia.

Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt at gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/