[vdr] DVB-C scan with non-standard symbol rate

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Mon Apr 30 01:36:55 CEST 2007

> Simon Baxter wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a method to scan for channels with a non-standard
>> symbol rate?
>>
>> My provider does not use 6900 or 6875.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Usually, you can specify the symbol rate within the initial scan file for
> the dvb scan utility. But this does mean, you
> have to know the symbol rate of your cable provider.

Thanks - got the SymbolRate from my provider, and I now have a
channels.conf file.

Problem is now I get a "channel not available" whenever I tune - although
this might be because the CI/CAM currently isn't attached.

On that subject, with the CAM attached, should I be able to see something
in the 'CAM' menu on vdr-1.5.1 ?  I tried this yesterday, but nothing came
up?  The CI/CAM is being discovered by udev etc.

vdr-1.5.1, TT-1500 Budget (SAA7146), CI and Irdeto CAM