[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] Frontend for VDR/mplayer on Nokia 770/800

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 17:37:24 CEST 2007

Just some Python I knocked together - don't expect the world. It reads a
channel list via SVDRP, shows the list, and launches mplayer with the
appropriate arguments.

Requires python and mplayer on the Nokia, VDR with streamdev-server and
a machine (perhaps the VDR machine) with a CGI-capable webserver  (I use
thttpd) to transcode from MPEG2 -> low bitrate MPEG4 so the 770 can play
it.

There's no easy .deb to install - just a tarball, I dunno how to make
packages for Maemo yet. Good luck.

http://bum.net/vdrview.tar.gz

Cheers,
Gavin.