[vdr] audio skips on NFS recording playback

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Mon Aug 6 12:14:59 CEST 2007

I have a remote VDR box which holds a bunch of recordings.

I attach from the local VDR box via an NFS share.

Every 2-5 minutes I get a 1/2 second slip in audio, but no logs are written
in /var/logs/messages, kernel messages or on the VDR console.  There are
also no reported errors on eth0.  I don't get these audio slips playing
locally recorded files.

Can anyone suggest any more detailed logs I can look at?  I had suspected
when the playback moved between files (001.vdr  002.vdr  etc) perhaps there
was a slip - but I can't see what file the player is up to.

Is there any logs I can run to show the audio stream being played?

Thanks

Simon

vdr-1.4.6 locally
vdr-1.5.2 remote recorder