[vdr] New shutdown procedure not working as expected

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Aug 8 20:55:30 CEST 2007

Petri Helin wrote:
> It seems to me that VDR still fails writing the NextWakeupTime every now
> and then, even after I made the change described earlier. Do you have
> suggestions on how to shutdown properly in order to get the
> NextWakeupTime written to setup.conf? I run VDR as a daemon and shut it
> down in shutdown script by calling start-stop-daemon (I use Ubuntu Feisty).

You can try something like this for standards conformity:

   int ret = SystemExec(cmd, true);
   if (WIFEXITED(ret) && WEXITSTATUS(ret) == 0)
      Setup.NextWakeupTime = WakeupTime; // Remember this wakeup time

(not tested)
Or, you can try the permissive way and test for != -1, which will only
catch fatal errors like fork failing.

In any case, try dumping the return value to syslog, I would really like
to know what additional flag is set on the return value.

Cheers,

Udo