Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Sun Aug 12 19:47:47 CEST 2007

Hi list, hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The changes since version 1.5.6:
>
> - All logging now goes to LOG_ERR, because some systems split error, info and
>   debug messages into separate files, which repeatedly caused extra efforts to
>   find out when incomplete log excerpts were attached to problem reports in
>   the past.

should this change be permanent, configurable or will it only apply for
the developer releases?

In my opinion, it is a benefit to redirect different log levels to
different files for normal operation. In case of a bug, a
commandline/setup option could select this behaviour to produce full logs.

Just my 2 cent,
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org

"Das Wort WINDOWS stammt aus einem alten Sioux-Dialekt und bedeutet:
 Weisser Mann starrt durch Glasscheibe auf Sanduhr." (anonym)