[vdr] New VDR logging method (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.7)

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Sun Aug 12 20:51:37 CEST 2007

On Sunday 12 August 2007 19:47, Patrick Cernko wrote:
> Hi list, hi Klaus,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > The changes since version 1.5.6:
> >
> > - All logging now goes to LOG_ERR, because some systems split error, info and
> >   debug messages into separate files, which repeatedly caused extra efforts to
> >   find out when incomplete log excerpts were attached to problem reports in
> >   the past.
>
> should this change be permanent, configurable or will it only apply for
> the developer releases?

I vote for a configurable solution.
Softdevice has such a mode (not realized for all messages but ..) which
allows some kind of messages to be turned off (info, debug and trace).
Messages can be written to stdout/stderr or to a configureable
file with optionally current PID appended.

--
Stefan Lucke