Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Aug 18 12:29:20 CEST 2007

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> - Internationalization is now done with 'gettext' (following a suggestion by
>   Lucian Muresan).

To add another report, I had some trouble to pick anything but English
at first. After some fiddling and trying the various hints, here's what
was missing for me:

     #>locale
     LANG=de_DE at euro
     LC_CTYPE="de_DE at euro"
     LC_NUMERIC="de_DE at euro"
     LC_TIME="de_DE at euro"
     LC_COLLATE="de_DE at euro"
     LC_MONETARY="de_DE at euro"
     LC_MESSAGES="de_DE at euro"
     LC_PAPER="de_DE at euro"
     LC_NAME="de_DE at euro"
     LC_ADDRESS="de_DE at euro"
     LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE at euro"
     LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE at euro"
     LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE at euro"
     LC_ALL=

     #>locale -a
     de_DE at euro
     de_DE.iso885915 at euro
     POSIX

This is pretty much old debian default. After that, I've added another
de_DE variant:

     #>sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
     Generating locales (this might take a while)...
       de_DE.ISO-8859-15 at euro... done
       de_DE.ISO-8859-1... done
     Generation complete.

     #>locale -a
     de_DE
     de_DE at euro
     de_DE.iso88591
     de_DE.iso885915 at euro
     deutsch
     german
     POSIX

... and now it works. Is there a way to make VDR less picky about what
de_DE language variant is installed?

Cheers,

Udo