No subject

Sun Aug 19 10:46:52 CEST 2007

I can't believe that every program would have to fiddle around with
all these different directory localtions and stuff. As much as I like Linux,
but I hate the fact that every distribution has its files somewhere
else. Couldn't there for once be a *standard*?

And why isn't setlocale() smart enough to try "de" when the program
requests "de_DE" and there is no "de_DE" lcoale? It would be the reasonable
thing to do, wouldn't it?

I was hoping to make things simpler and easier when going to gettext,
but now it looks like I've traded one nightmare for another.

Isn't there perhaps a way to tell gettext *explicitly* which files
to use, completely bypassing this whole broken setlocale stuff?
In that case VDR could collect it's list of *.mo files and decide
by itself which one to use.

Klaus