Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Aug 19 11:59:35 CEST 2007

En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:

> Isn't there perhaps a way to tell gettext *explicitly* which files
> to use, completely bypassing this whole broken setlocale stuff?
> In that case VDR could collect it's list of *.mo files and decide
> by itself which one to use.

freepascal bypasses gettext altogether by using an own implementation
that reads mo files directly.
Though it's in pascal, the implementation seems simple enough for a C++
wizard like you to replicate it with half the effort you'd need to
workaround the issues we've seen so far.
Here's the documentation of the class:

and here's the implementation:
(just ignore the "Resourcestring translation procedures" that hooks into
the native resourcestring mechanism of pascal).