[vdr] VDR-core's texts in plugin's .pot files

Joachim Wilke joachim.wilke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 15:48:38 CEST 2007

2007/8/19, Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>:
> Each plugin has to handle its own translations and ensure that they're in its
> own translation domain. This means that its makefile has to run xgettext,
> generate .mo files and install them. Translation has to be done (for
> plugin-specific text) using dgettext() and dngettext() instead of gettext()
> and ngettext().

I don't see. where this adresses the problem. Plugins use tr() to
translate strings, like VDR. The handling of (d)gettext happens in
core VDR.

xgettext simply extracts all strings marked with tr(s) and trNOOP(s)
regardless of s beeing a plugin translated string or a re-used string
from VDR core.

Regards,
Joachim.