[vdr] locale names, patch for large localedirs

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:56:31 CEST 2007

Hi!

Very nice to see gettext() working, for a while I thought it was going
to be a complete mess :)

IMHO, two simple things could still be done:

Attached is a simple patch that allows using VDR with large localedir
that contains more locales than I18N_MAX_LANGUAGES. AFAICS there is no
reason to stop searching unless I18N_MAX_LANGUAGES vdr locales were
actually found.

Also, it is a convention (all programs in my system follow it) that .po
files (and thus the locale directory name) be without the territory
name, i.e. fi instead of fi_FI. If there would be any additional
translations for some language, they would be named like fi_DE.

--
Anssi Hannula