[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] po2i18n - converter for plugin backwards compatibility

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Aug 19 18:17:46 CEST 2007

Dieter Hametner wrote:
> I kind of enhanced your script to use the CPAN module Locale::PO for reading
> the .po/.pot files. Your implementation did not handle multi line msgids and
> msgstrs well.

Hmmm, ok, I don't have multi-line strings that need translation, but
this is probably worth a fix.
But I don't really want to depend on Locale::PO, as it is not very
likely to be installed on systems out there.

> My change adds all strings in the plugins .pot file to the resulting i18n.c
> file, even when no translation exists for the string and it does not sort the
> msgids.

Since all po files get updated too all the time, reading the pot file is
not really necessary.

Cheers,

Udo