[vdr] How to set German OSD in VDR 1.5.8

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:33:15 CEST 2007

Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> That shouldn't be necessary with 1.5.8: I only have 3 locales installed
>> but I can select all languages from the osd setup menu (and see the
>> corresponding translations).
>
> hm, that is strange. I have here a vanilla VDR (with some plugins but
> the sourcecode of VDR is not touched)
>
> I compiled it with:
> make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 NO_KBD=1
>
> But I am not able to select different languages in the menu.

Could you try what these commands print in VDR source directory:
TEXTDOMAINDIR=./locale TEXTDOMAIN=vdr LANGUAGE=de_DE gettext -s \
	'LanguageName$English'
TEXTDOMAINDIR=./locale TEXTDOMAIN=vdr LANGUAGE=de gettext -s \
	'LanguageName$English'
TEXTDOMAINDIR=./locale TEXTDOMAIN=vdr LANGUAGE=de_XYZ gettext -s \
	'LanguageName$English'

--
Anssi Hannula