[vdr] How to identify timers

Bernd Juraschek vdr at bjusystems.de
Thu Aug 23 00:22:11 CEST 2007

Hello list,

I want to do some kind of offline modifying vdr timers, but I don't know
how to identify timers.

If I use the timer id to change or delete VDR timers, then this will go
wrong if VDR has deleted some timers since the remote site has retrieved
the timer list. Using timer properties is not a solution because the
user can change timers also locally using OSD.

Is there another way to distinguish timers (or channels, recordings,
...)? I think it would be useful to assign some UUID to VDR objects.
This ID must not be changed while modifying the object.

Is there any chance to insert somewhat like this in future VDR versions -
specially without breaking current plugins and applications using the
SVDRP interface?

Greetings,
Bernd
--