[vdr] How to set German OSD in VDR 1.5.8

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Aug 23 17:24:35 CEST 2007

Hi Anssi,

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> What is the output of "locale"?

it says:
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

I checked the manpage of locale and it says that I can set the following
variables:
LANG
LC_ALL
LC_CTYPE
LC_MESSAGES
NLSPATH

I checked then the homepage of gettext and it says:
"Then, users only have to set the LANG environment variable to the
appropriate `ll_CC' combination prior to using the programs in the
package. See Matrix. For example, let's presume a German site. At the
shell prompt, users merely have to execute `setenv LANG de_DE' (in csh)
or `export LANG; LANG=de_DE' (in sh). They could even do this from their
.login or .profile file."

see here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#End-Users

I checked also the version of gettext and it seems that the current
version of gettext is 0.16 which I have installed.

Are you using an older version of gettext?

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook