[vdr] [SOLVED] Re: How to set German OSD in VDR 1.5.8

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:07:10 CEST 2007

Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> I don't really "want" anything in particular here ;-)
>
> :)
>
>> All I want is that the gettext() calls deliver the right
>> texts.
>
> my it is some your your ToDo list.
> - Fix the problem that a user cannot select a language in VDR if no LANG
> is defined on the shell
> - or put a node in the INSTALL file that LANG must be defined in the
> shell before starting VDR

AFAICS that is only needed if the user locale settings are set to "C",
"POSIX" or invalid values.

This behaviour was added to glibc in 2001, likely to fix something else.
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/intl/dcigettext.c.diff?r1=1.22&r2=1.23&cvsroot=glibc&f=h

I've contacted the committer about our issue. If I get no reply, I'll
raise it in libc-alpha ml.

--
Anssi Hannula