[vdr] dvb driver failure detection?

Joerg Riechardt J.Riechardt at gmx.de
Sat Aug 25 12:21:55 CEST 2007

Ali H.M. Hoseini schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I'm using a VDR system with 4 skystar2 cards.
> I'm disabled vdr watchdog and code line who jumps out vdr when the
> signal is noisy, because when this enabled, and I have noise in one
> frequency, vdr jumps out and ruins all other input recordings.
> But there are some times that all recordings fail. I suspect to DVB
> driver, because VDR records, but file size of recordings are 0, and when
> I restart system, every things go well again.
> The question is, how I can detect dvb driver failure, rather than signal
> failure, to restart system just in driver failure times?
>
> Thanks.

Do you load dvb-core.ko with dvb_shutdown_timeout=1?
(insmod ./dvb-core.ko dvb_shutdown_timeout=1)
If not you should try that.
What driver version are you using? Are you on FTA channels?
Are there hints in your log files?
I have 2 skystar2´s and can not remember any driver problems in the last
years.
Jörg